Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerA Spectra Xbox One Enhanced Wired Controller accent lighting not working

Discovered that when I use this controller in Kubuntu 20.04 the LED lighting does not work. When I use it in windows-10 it does work. All the controls work fine in both operating systems. I thought the lighting would just be powered by USB power but I guess there is more involved. Searched the web with no luck. Found one article about it but no fix was given. BTW I play games using Steam. Steam has a controller set up but it had nothing about turning on/off the LED lighting. Don't think it's a Steam issue since it works fine in Windows-10 and Steam. My Kubuntu is up to date too. Thoughts?

Ideas?

"lsusb" in terminal lists it as" BDA XB1 Spectra PRO with ID 24c6:592a

Thanks in advance.

link to controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link to the article?

How is the lighting controlled in Windows?
    I see buttons on the back of the device, I assume these don't work?

Comment

Yes. The "LED" button on the back changes the colors in Windows. In Kubuntu it does nothing.

Comment

My specs:

Desktop

MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
        Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
        GPU: MSI GEFORCE RTX 2060
        RAM: G. Skill DDR4 3200 64GB
        Keyboard: Corsair K100
        Mouse: Razor Mamba wireless
        Kubuntu 20.04 LTS and Windows 10 64bit
        KDE Plasma ver: 5.18.5
        GRUB ver: 2.04-1ubuntu26.9
        SSD x2, HHD x1

Comment

My only guess is that Windows driver for generic xbox controllers have this functionality built in, and Linux open source drivers do not.
          It is odd that a hardware feature of a device controlled by physical buttons on it would be dependent on the OS for functionality.

For example, my keyboard has RGB colors and patterns controlled by function keys, and does not rely on the OS to do this.

Comment

Maybe of use? https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-in...ra-controller/
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My thoughts too. My RGB keyboard can also be used without the need of software. Was hoping that would be true for the controller also.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Link to the real page, itectec just scrapes other help forums and sites for content.

But the OP has no trouble using the controller at all, just the accent lighting. Even on windows, it is using a generic Xbox controller driver provided by Windows, so the lack of lighting is odd.

Comment

Working...
                X