Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No NIC after installation / Additional Driver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No NIC after installation / Additional Driver?

Hi guys,
    I just installed Kubuntu 20.04. and I do not have a Network interface nor do I have an audio Driver installed.
    From what I was able to find out so far, there should be a tool called "additional drivers" but i can not find it.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction, I am searching for it now for an hour.

kind regards
    Antlan

sudo kubuntu-driver-manager

It will place an asterisk next to the driver it recommends.

EDIT:
    Opps! Sorry, I jumped to an immediate assumption -- video driver.

Open a Konsole and issue
    kcmshell5 --list

This gives you a listing of all the tools available. Most, if not all, are in the Settings app.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jan 16, 2021, 02:57 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Search for 'driver' in System Settings if you do not see it there. Otherwise, the Driver Manager will also be found in the Software Sources tool, which can be found via Discover's settings.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        sudo kubuntu-driver-manager
        This no longer exists (for some releases now). Well, it does, but it is no longer part of a kubuntu install, as it has been replaced by being added to the Software Sources tool - software-properties-qt (shared with Lubuntu)
        Don't know why it is still in the repos, as it is frequently broken.

System Settings just has a link that opens the new tool, instead of a KDE specific kcm applet.

Open a Konsole and issue
        kcmshell5 --list

This gives you a listing of all the tools available. Most, if not all, are in the Settings app.
        This won't work, unless one has installed the old broken driver manager.

Comment

Working...
        X