This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody please explain why my Brother printer stopped working

Had a printer problem yesterday and would like to understand what caused it so that I don't do it again.

Problem: Went to print and it wouldn't. Looked at printers in settings.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-31time12-23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	649675
    Tried using remove in settings and nothing happened. My solution was to delete all brother drivers to wipe it from my PC and re-install. I ended up back where I started from, see above image.

I then deleted all drivers again and got this. No printer drivers and still inability to add a printer.

Name:	2020-10-31time12-30.jpg
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	649676

I tried to find a solution on the web but couldn't. Fortunately, I have Timeshift installed so rolled back to 11 October and everything is working.

Name:	2020-11-01time17-24.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	649677

Do these images suggest something to anybody? The PC is up to date and it's still working, thank goodness.

I'm assuming that this is a wireless printer, and you had it configured as such?

Can you connect to it via cable (USB)? If 'yes', is it recognized?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's connected by ethernet. It's all working fine after the restore. Would love to understand what caused the problem. What would cause the error message? Was it me?

Comment

Working...
      X