X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using XBoxController under Kubuntu

Hello,

My Xboxcontroller doesn't work under Kubuntu 20.04.
    It is connected via USB.

System Outputs:
    lsusb:
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 045e:02ea Microsoft Corp. Xbox One S Control

System settings->input devices->game controllers:
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/js0)
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/js1)
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/js2)
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/js3)

Module Joydev ist loaded. It is needed, I suppose?
    systemctl | grep xboxdrv:
    xboxdrv.service loaded active running Xbox controller driver daemon
    Do I need xboxdrv?

No input is taken from the controller.

Why are four controllers listed?
    And why wireless? It is plugged-in at an USB-Port.

Please tell me what I can do now or what I have to do.

Thank you for your help.

Hi
    thanks you for the question!

You re posting with only one question "under your belt" but you know how to list system outputs so I am going to assume that you "know your way around Linux / Ubuntu."

But, notwithstanding your listing, I would ask a question.

Have you just clicked through "kicker / settings / system settings / hardware / input devices / joystick" ?

Kubuntu is remarkably easy to set up things with.

Since you post that the joystick is NOT seen then hat you "should" have seen there is a message in a "pink box"( at least on my system" that says something like this:
    /////////////////
    No joystick device automatically found on this computer.
    Checks were done in /dev/js[0-4] and /dev/input/js[0-4]
    If you know that there is one attached, please enter the correct device file.
    //////////////////
    If that is shown then you now know where the input files are stored (ignore the js that is my initials, yours should have your initials AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I THINK THAT THE LETTERS JS STAND FOR). if someone knows better then PLEASE correct my post on this.
    But, anyway, you should see something like the above.

That would then indicate, to me, and remember that I'm just a hardware kinda guy, maybe consider looking in the repos for a joystick driver that may not be installed.

When i check my install the driver that is entitled "joystick" is NOT installed.

On my GAMING machine I have a "gyration air mouse" which i USE as a kind of joystick and the returns are made about not having a joystick.

So... I do not presently have a usb joystick or I would check, BUT, you might...just try checking Synaptic using the search term "joystick" and look to see if it is installed and then...

As a "quick and dirty"... you might install such, and any other packages that may be brought in and check to see if the joystick...works... until someone more knowledgable that I drops by to fix the problem.

so, hope this helped and if it doesn't you can always unistall the app.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

Yesterday I uninstalled xboxdrv and the only running module concerning gamecontroller - as far as I know - is Joydev.
      After that I unplugged my controller and left Kubuntu.
      A few minutes ago I powered up Kubuntu, plugged my controller in and guess what - it works.
      Now there is only one "Microsoft X-Box One S pad (/dev/input/js0)" listed in systemsettings.

I really don't know why and I hope it will stay so.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
      X