X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alps Alps Touchpad mouse no options

Hi all,

Just installed Kubuntu for the first time and all looks good but the touchpad options.

Everything is greyed out and it says "No touchpad found".

The touchpad itself seems to work just fine, but I really want to mark and use the "disable touchpad when mouse is plugged in" option.

I'm on HP Elite X2 1020 G2 2v1 convertable, and the touchpad is Alps made.

Attaching picture of the issue.

Alps Touchpad mouse is in "Ignored devices for some reason""

Thanks in advance for the help.

You might try installing the synaptics driver to override the kernel diver, with the package xserver-xorg-input-synaptics and see if that works, but if it is actually using an unconfigurable microcontroller, and/or is actually seen as a USB mouse, you might not be able to adjust anything from Linux.
    I did have an older 2-in one that was an HP tablet with a detachable keyboard/trackpad, and I believe the trackpad was like this, but it was a lower end product.

I have found a report or two on the HP 1012 (a typo by the op? I cannot find any info on a 1020), and both note the lack of touchpad settings.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      You might try installing the synaptics driver to override the kernel diver, with the package xserver-xorg-input-synaptics and see if that works, but if it is actually using an unconfigurable microcontroller, and/or is actually seen as a USB mouse, you might not be able to adjust anything from Linux.
      I did have an older 2-in one that was an HP tablet with a detachable keyboard/trackpad, and I believe the trackpad was like this, but it was a lower end product.

I have found a report or two on the HP 1012 (a typo by the op? I cannot find any info on a 1020), and both note the lack of touchpad settings.
      It is HP 1012, yeah, my bad
      I tried the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics driver but it made no difference.Curiously, the options work under Ubuntu or Linux Mint but I can't get it running with Kubuntu or any KDE distro...

Comment

Update -

Managed to find a workaround -

Install Touchpad Indicator -
        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/atareao
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install touchpad-indicator

Enable options -
        "Disable touchpad when mouse plugged"
        "Disable touchpad on typing"

Select options -
        On Touchpad Indicator starts - None
        On Touchpad Indicator ends - None
        Start hidden

Uncheck option -
        Show notifications

---------------------

Start "Autostart" from the menu click "Add Program" and select Touchpad Indicator from "Utilities".

and Voilà ! everything works

Comment

Working...
        X