Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Kubuntu randomly started treated mouse long-clicks as several clicks

A month or so ago my computer now randomly treats long-clicking as though I'm clicking several times. For example selecting text or dragging an icon or window, clicks seem to randomly register during the movement. I say random because it usually happens multiple times, then I'll try and again and suddenly i can hold the button down indefinitely and it's treated as though I am.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? It's not consistent enough to make me think it's a settings change. If I was guaranteed to happen every time I'd assume a settings change could fix it but it seriously happens more often than not and at random intervals.

Edit: forgot to mention the batteries in the mouse are fine. I'm using a Logitech M720 on a Thinkpad T480. I'm not having this issue with the laptop touchpad

Disregard. This is a hardware issue with the mouse
    Last edited by dryheat; Nov 06, 2022, 10:15 AM.

My m720 gets gummed up after a while, mostly the scroll wheel acts funny on side presses, until I gently blow it out or tap it.
    I haven't taken mine apart yet, though there are plenty of guides and parts if necessary. I am sort of scared to see whats gotten in there in over 2.5 years of usage

Comment

Yes, random events are usually attributable to hardware. When it happens repeatedly, it's software.

Could you mark the title as [SOLVED]?

Comment

Working...
      X