Hello everyone,
Good day to you!
I would like to know how to install and enable Tamil fonts and Tamil typing/transliteration support in Kubuntu 26.10.
When I was using Windows, I used Azhagi+, which allowed me to type Tamil using English characters (Tanglish), for example:
I would like to have similar functionality in Kubuntu, mainly for WhatsApp, web browsers, and other chat/messaging applications.
Could someone please guide me on the following?
I am specifically looking for transliteration/input support, not just Tamil fonts. My requirement is to type in English/Tanglish and have it converted to Tamil script while typing.
If anyone has already configured this on Kubuntu 26.10, I would greatly appreciate a simple step-by-step guide, including the required software/packages and settings.
Thank you!
(note # it is the same topic also posted in https://discuss.kde.org)
"I wasn't sure where to post my Kubuntu software issues, so I shared them in both places. Thanks for understanding! I also need simple, step-by-step help on how to install Tamil fonts.."
Regards,
Happy Winter
Good day to you!
I would like to know how to install and enable Tamil fonts and Tamil typing/transliteration support in Kubuntu 26.10.
When I was using Windows, I used Azhagi+, which allowed me to type Tamil using English characters (Tanglish), for example:
- vanakkam → வணக்கம்
- epdi irukeenga → எப்படி இருக்கீங்க
I would like to have similar functionality in Kubuntu, mainly for WhatsApp, web browsers, and other chat/messaging applications.
Could someone please guide me on the following?
- How to install/enable Tamil fonts and language support?
- How to enable Tamil Tanglish transliteration?
- Is there a built-in Linux/Kubuntu solution, or do I need additional software?
- Is there any software similar to Azhagi+ for Linux?
- Will it work system-wide in WhatsApp, browsers, and other applications?
- Can Azhagi+ be installed directly on Kubuntu, or can the Windows version be used through Wine? If so, are there any limitations or special configurations required?
I am specifically looking for transliteration/input support, not just Tamil fonts. My requirement is to type in English/Tanglish and have it converted to Tamil script while typing.
If anyone has already configured this on Kubuntu 26.10, I would greatly appreciate a simple step-by-step guide, including the required software/packages and settings.
Thank you!
(note # it is the same topic also posted in https://discuss.kde.org)
"I wasn't sure where to post my Kubuntu software issues, so I shared them in both places. Thanks for understanding! I also need simple, step-by-step help on how to install Tamil fonts.."
Regards,
Happy Winter

─── ■ 🐧 CORE: LINUX KERNEL // FLAVOR: CHOOSE BOTH ■ ─── ⚡ "Stability means Ubuntu and Power means Kubuntu." ⚡





Comment