Hey all!
All of my other machines, two laptops and two desktops, have been upgraded to Kubuntu 26.04. For the most part, the upgrade from 24.04 went fairly well. Now, one desktop initially showed the Kodi screen, but after I got back to the KDE login, I noticed the selection and have since ensured it's correct. That one was weird.
The final one is as follows:
Dell T7910 (72 total cores w/256 GB mem)
A 14 TB main drive and a 4 TB SSD for local backups
Kubuntu 24.04
Nvidia driver 580.178.04 with a Quadro K2200 (4GB memory)
A 43" main monitor and a side 27" monitor
I have been reading the forums and Google regarding the 580.178.04 Nvidia driver and Kubuntu 26.04. And, I am a bit concerned. The driver is the Nvidia one, not the open one.
Any pitfalls to learn from and/or avoid?
Very respectfully,
James
All of my other machines, two laptops and two desktops, have been upgraded to Kubuntu 26.04. For the most part, the upgrade from 24.04 went fairly well. Now, one desktop initially showed the Kodi screen, but after I got back to the KDE login, I noticed the selection and have since ensured it's correct. That one was weird.
The final one is as follows:
Dell T7910 (72 total cores w/256 GB mem)
A 14 TB main drive and a 4 TB SSD for local backups
Kubuntu 24.04
Nvidia driver 580.178.04 with a Quadro K2200 (4GB memory)
A 43" main monitor and a side 27" monitor
I have been reading the forums and Google regarding the 580.178.04 Nvidia driver and Kubuntu 26.04. And, I am a bit concerned. The driver is the Nvidia one, not the open one.
Any pitfalls to learn from and/or avoid?
Very respectfully,
James
