Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma started crashing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [Desktop] KDE Plasma started crashing

    On Kubuntu 24.04, I think Plasma was crashing. Yes 24.04
    This means, when I log into a session, the background loads, it flashes black and shows the desktop a few times but then just shows the background just fine.

    There was no Start menu (Kick off menu). I was able to press window + E to open Dolphin.
    From there, I could double click HTML and ODT and whatever files.

    Using X11. It is some Intel graphics chipset.
    I can press Ctrl-Alt-Del and log out, and it shows the normal loggin page. I can log back in but same problem comes back.
    If I log into another session, it works fine for a little while and problem starts.
    It is as if it takes a while for each session to become damaged.

    Ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-F3 shows the console. I am able to do shutdown -r 0 and it reboots.

    I tried another SATA cable for the HDD. I then tried another HDD.
    I then changed the entire PC and that worked.====It has been working for 1 week now.
    I have no idea what the problem is.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Today, 06:50 AM.
    OS=Kubuntu 24.04 CPU=Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz L3 = 32 MB RAM=24 GB
    GPU=AMD RX 6800 16 GB
    HDD=It's not 1 TB. It's 931 GB. Do the math!
    For Ubuntu/Kubuntu, get rid of the Spectre crap mitigations to get full CPU performance.Run lscpu. Notice the lines starting with Vulnerability. Do you have the word "mitigation". That's bad. Edit the file /etc/default/grub. You might find the line that says

    #2
    do you use anything based on chromium?
    some stuff i did: https://github.com/droidgoo

    Intel® Core™ i7-14700K | 64 GiB of RAM | AMD RX 6800

    Comment

    Users Viewing This Topic

    Collapse

    There are 0 users viewing this topic.

    Working...
    X