Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu 26.04 issues # help required to fix it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [Software] kubuntu 26.04 issues # help required to fix it

    I observed a few issues in Kubuntu 26.04 . i upgraded from 24.04 and in that i faced no issues. these might be bugs related to software issues which can be fixed by developers.i just need to know the options.
    1. Screen blinking after locking:
      The main issue is that if I lock the system for around 5 minutes, I am unable to enter the password again. The screen starts blinking, and I cannot type the password. After rebooting the system, it works normally again.
    2. Switch User option:
      I’m still unable to locate the Switch User option in the new Kubuntu 26.04. Could you please guide me on how to enable or access this option?
    3. Start Menu theme:
      The Start Menu theme does not seem to be working properly in Kubuntu 26.04.
    4. shutdown and reboot menus missing. i am not able to find the option to shutdown and reboot the system
    ​

    #2
    Howdy stranger! Welcome!

    Same as from your post in the KDE forums more details will be helpful. I see that you closed off your G-drive link to the videos.

    For #1," what video card do you have? If Nvidia, which driver version?

    For #3 and #4, from your video, you appear to have installed a different theme, as your lock screen style is not the standard Breeze one used by Kubuntu -- I wonder if this is part of the issue? Did you use a custom theme in Plasma 5? You might want to swap the Global Theme back to "Breeze" or "Kubuntu" in System Settings. I am wondering if you were using a Plasma 5 theme, and for some reason your system didn't just revert to the stock Plasma 6, since Plasma 5 stuff is not supported there.


    You do not have a bottom panel, or any panel on the desktop. Is this intentional? Or is this a symptom?

    I did look at your videos earlier, and your start menu is set to be using an alternative dashboard style of launcher, which does not have appear to have a Switch User button available. Or needs some setting to show it (hopefully). Which launcher are you using here?'


    I do suggest going to System Settings and switching your theming back to stock, or even creating a new user account to test if these problems are more specific your user configs or not. This will give you a completely stock desktop setup to compare things with.
    Self-built: Asus PRIME B550M-K/Ryzen 5600GT/32Gb/Intel ARC B580 12Gb/KDE neon
    HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini: i5-7500T(35w)/32Gb/Kubuntu LTS
    HP Chromebook 14: i5-1135G7/8Gb/512Gb SSD/KDE Linux​

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Howdy stranger! Welcome!

      Same as from your post in the KDE forums more details will be helpful. I see that you closed off your G-drive link to the videos.

      For #1," what video card do you have? If Nvidia, which driver version?

      For #3 and #4, from your video, you appear to have installed a different theme, as your lock screen style is not the standard Breeze one used by Kubuntu -- I wonder if this is part of the issue? Did you use a custom theme in Plasma 5? You might want to swap the Global Theme back to "Breeze" or "Kubuntu" in System Settings. I am wondering if you were using a Plasma 5 theme, and for some reason your system didn't just revert to the stock Plasma 6, since Plasma 5 stuff is not supported there.


      You do not have a bottom panel, or any panel on the desktop. Is this intentional? Or is this a symptom?

      I did look at your videos earlier, and your start menu is set to be using an alternative dashboard style of launcher, which does not have appear to have a Switch User button available. Or needs some setting to show it (hopefully). Which launcher are you using here?'


      I do suggest going to System Settings and switching your theming back to stock, or even creating a new user account to test if these problems are more specific your user configs or not. This will give you a completely stock desktop setup to compare things with.
      still the same issue still persist. another kubuntu support staff helped me but they mentioned they tried to upgrade they did not have any issue so still my problem is there so posted here. the other issues are not that important to me. but if i lock the screen the laptop is getting hang. each and every time i need to restart for this. i am scared that my os may corrupt due to this issue. so requesting to support. yes it is same as posted in kubuntu contact since if i lock the screen
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Nf?usp=sharing

      Comment


        #4
        if no other option works out i will do a clean install again since i did a upgrade directly from 24.04 to 26.04 using command prompt option

        Comment


          #5
          Dear All,

          Thank you all for your support and assistance.

          I downloaded Kubuntu 26.04 from the official website and performed a clean installation on my system. I’m happy to confirm that all the issues I was experiencing have now been resolved.

          Kubuntu is working perfectly, and the following issues are no longer present:
          • Lock screen hanging issue has been resolved.
          • Shutdown and logout options are working normally.
          • The Start menu is functioning as expected.
          • The Switch User option is also working correctly.
          • chrome browser is working fine & screen is not blinking.

          Everything is now working as expected after the clean installation.

          Thank you once again for your valuable support.

          Best regards,
          Happy winter
          ​
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	37
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	694576​

          Comment


            #6
            Glad you got it going. I almost always do a fresh install when doing a major version upgrade.
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

            Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

            Comment

            Users Viewing This Topic

            Collapse

            There are 0 users viewing this topic.

            Working...
            X