Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 26.04 LiveUSB is not starting on laptop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I'm very familiar with this issue; I stumbled across it about a month ago. I thought to myself, “WTF, that can't be right.” Why would the installer need an internet connection?

    And yes, both of these things are correct:
    • The Kubuntu installer definitely has a bug; try booting Lubuntu or Xubuntu instead -> that works fine
    • It's a hardware-compatibility issue, other computers boot just fine from the same USB drive.
    • It’s not Ventoy’s fault, because the same error pattern can be reproduced even with a native USB drive.
    • I’ve seen this on two old computers. I’ve never had this problem on new ones.​

    My workaround ist to print ESC during boot, but early enough. Then Kubuntu will boot as well. If you're too slow, it'll get stuck.
    The safest option is to edit the kernel line and disable the splash screen and set verbose mode too (noplymouth verbose). That way, it will boot reliably.​

    Comment

    Users Viewing This Topic

    Collapse

    There are 0 users viewing this topic.

    Working...
    X