This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete trouble!

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 because I heard it's nice and I wanted to try it out. Kopete seemed really awesome to me. The idea and everything...but there's only one problem. No one can see what I send to them!! Does anyone know what's going on??

Re: Kopete trouble!

I'm curious, did you figure it out yet? There's a lot of expertise on this forum, but I have a feeling that messenger protocols are not very popular here. Perhaps you need to post a little more detail.

Comment

See, that's the problem: it doesn't tell me anything, no error reports or anything; according to Kopete, everything's fine. For instance, I spent 15 minutes trying to talk to my overseas friend before I realized that he couldn't see what I sent him. I was able to see what I sent him and what he sent me but he couldn't see what I sent him. I guess that's all the detail I have.

Comment

I tried Kopete but wasn't able to figure it out. I'm not very good with GUIs. What protocol were you using?

I recently started using the XMPP protocol which should be good for a number of services and is open source. I made an account on jabber.org and it works fine with freetalk. The only problem I found with freetalk is that there is absolutely no documentation and in fact there is preciously little on the internet about messaging in general. I have a feeling that it is mostly done with pre-configured apps on proprietary devices by people with little computer skills. IOW a lot of kids with Windows. lol

Comment

I have also been having problems with kopete lately, messages I send out haven't been received, is there a specific package that can help this, I'm using YIM and AIM. I'm using Kubuntu 10.4 Lucid Lynx

Comment

Working...
          X