This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED) Sound Problems (again)

I have read and tried as many of the solutions to this problem as I could find on here but none of them work for me.
    I get the intro sound on start-up. I also get sound with Amarok and Dragon Player. I DO NOT get sound using VLC (my preferred audio and video app), neither do I get sound in my Firefox and Konqueror browsers.
    I am using an Acer 751h netbook. It uses the DMA500 chip and needs to be configured with Poulsbo to get the correct screen resolution as it is not recognised out of the box.
    I cannot get kernels newer than -14 to work after I install Poulsbo so I am pretty much constrained to using this kernel but I suspect it is part of the problem.
    An update or upgrade installed the -21 kernel but I do not boot it.
    Any suggestions please?

Re: Sound Problems (again)

#6 in the FAQs in my signature has some pointers. Note that video resolution issues are unrelated, and irrelevant to audio issues.

Comment

Re: Sound Problems (again)

Thanks dibl.
      I got to here
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3108441.0
      from your FAQ and the first suggestion worked for me. Just copied linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic into Synaptic, got the resulting package and am good to go. I have not even rebooted yet and things are working.

Comment

Working...
      X