This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Chromium Browser Permissions?

When I start Chromium Browser it has that ugly default theme and it tells me that it cannot read or write preferences or something like that. I think this is because I was using Dolphin as root and opened a HTML document with chromium as root. Is there a way I can change the permissions back to my normal user account so I don't have to run it as root? Thanks, Tom.
    Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Debian Sid (KDE 4.5.3)/Mac OS X 10.6.3<br />*Intel Pentium SU2700 @ 1.3GHz, 3 gig DDR3 RAM, Intel GMA x4500*<br /><br />Custom Desktop - Kubuntu 10.10 (KDE 4.6.1)<br />*2x Dual-Core Intel Xeon @3.2GHz, 3 gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT*<br /><br />iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)<br />*

Re: Change Chromium Browser Permissions?

Well, all the chromium config files are in ~/.config/chromium; you could try browsing to /home/your_user_name/.config with Dolphin as root and then changing the permissions for the chromium folder (and all files and folders within, which should be an option at the time) back to being owned by your user instead of root.

Comment

Working...
    X