This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma zoom-out with 16:10 screen has problem, KDE 4.4.2

KDE 4.4.2 zoom out with Plasma does not seem to take into account the screen proportions of a 16:10 screen. If you click the cashew to zoom out and have > 2 screens, the lower edges of the lower screens are cut off, making the zoom-in buttons unreachable.

Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE 4.4.2 on a Samsung SyncMaster T240 screen.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Plasma zoom-out with 16:10 screen has problem, KDE 4.4.2

Hmm - ?

1) Zoom out more

2) Grab the "canvas" and move it until you can reach the buttons.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Don't know what you mean by "grab the canvas". I tried to grab the spotted background as well as the separate images, but nothing would move.

And if I click to zoom if the lower image, I just get back to the screen where the lower image is cut off.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Don't know what you mean by "grab the canvas"
        I can left click with the mouse and move/pan the plasma activities / ZUI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hA9fmdt09M

> Plasma FAQ:
        What is the Zooming User Interface (ZUI)?

The Zooming User Interface, or ZUI, is another component of Plasma. It enables the user to group different groups of plasmoids together, and to quickly switch between one and another using a zoom-and-pan approach. Notice that the Zooming User Interface is going to be radically changed for the 4.5 release of the KDE SC.
        How does the ZUI work?

Suppose you have three groups of plasmoids (such as widgets, application launchers, etc.) which you want arranged in specific combinations depending on what you want to do. You first group them according to your tastes, then you can switch between them by zooming out (getting a preview of all the groups) and then back in on the specific group you want to use. Notice that it is different from traditional X11 virtual desktop switching, as there is a higher degree of flexibility by using this approach, as the groups can be totally different from each other.

A very good example of this behavior is shown by this image courtesy of Half-Left from #kde on freenode.

That said, you can tie virtual desktops to ZUI activities.
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X