X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser Issues

Hii!
    I have a couple of links which just dont seem to work on my firefox or konqueror, but the sites work on my windows system.The firefox has javascript enabled.. java test also works perfectly.. no firewalls installed.. cleared the cache .. still does not work.. any help would be deeply appreciated..
    (already tried disabling and then enabling ipv6 in firefox)
    Thanks

Re: Browser Issues

Perhaps the web site is checking the "User-Agent" field in the browser headers to determine which browser is connecting. If that is indeed the case, it might be possible to spoof the headers to make it look like you are connecting from a windows or apple machine.

Comment

Hii skunk! thanks for replying but how do i do that

Comment

In konqueror: Settings -> Configure Konqueror... -> Browser Identification -> ...

In Firefox : Install the add-on called "User Agent Switcher"

Comment

hii skunk that does not work.. however there is a update to the above issue ......when i try the ip address of the site it works .. but whenever I type the name of the site it does not...... can someone help me from here

Comment

Originally posted by vivek40
            hii skunk that does not work.. however there is a update to the above issue ......when i try the ip address of the site it works .. but whenever I type the name of the site it does not...... can someone help me from here
            that sounds like the domane name server/resolution for the site is down .....and not a problem with your browser or system!!

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
            X