Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selecting program to use to open file in Firefox (Solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting program to use to open file in Firefox (Solved)

I was wondering how to assign a program to open, for example .doc files that I can click on from within Firefox 3.6.3? When the file shows up as a download and I click on it I get a dialog box asking me what I want to do with it. I can download it then open it with Open Office in Dolphin but I want Open Office to show up in the dialog box. When I put a dot on the "open with" and click on browse it opens in my home folder but I don't see a way to choose Open Office. I'm using Open Office version 3.2.0. I think the option used to be there before I upgraded Open Office to this version. Thank you in advance.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: Selecting program to use to open file in Firefox

I'm assuming you have installed the files from Sun? In that case your issue is that OOo is installed to a different directory than before.

Next time you use "open with" and get the (GTK) dialog select filesystem and then /opt/openoffice/program and then the executable you want to open it with (swriter, scalc or simpress etc).

Comment

Re: Selecting program to use to open file in Firefox

Thank you. That worked great.
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Working...
      X