This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knetworkmanager does not start after login

Some days ago I tried to install a different network manager. To do this, I closed knetworkmanager from the system tray (killall knetworkmanager). After this, knetworkmanager stopped running from after the login, and I have to run it every time by hand.

How to properly run it after the login? I know that I can put it in the .kde/Autostart, but I am sure that before this changes, it wasn't there. Maybe is it something related to the kde session? How to use it?

Thanks

Re: knetworkmanager does not start after login

One thing that you can check, off the top of my head anyway, is:

Open your "System Settings" and click the "Advanced" Tab, then click on "Hardware"

There should be an option section for "Network Management Backend" in which mine shows a list of "NetworkManager 0.7", "Wicd", and "Fake Net".

The upper-most option in the list is the default option for KDE to use, and chances are if you installed a different network manager (like Wicd), it was moved to the top of the list. If you highlight (click) on "NetworkManager" and use the little arrows next to the list to move it to the top, that will hopefully get knetwork manager running on startup again.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Re: knetworkmanager does not start after login

This post has the solution that works for me:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...9707#msg219707

Comment

Working...
      X