This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok Locks Up the Sound Channel

Has anybody else noticed that even if Amarok 2.3.0 is not in use but in the system tray it locks out the sound channel? I just tried listening to some music on YouTube and there was no sound until I right clicked on the icon and selected quit. This may have been there before and I never noticed it.

Re: Amarok Locks Up the Sound Channel

Originally posted by tomp01

Has anybody else noticed that even if Amarok 2.3.0 is not in use but in the system tray it locks out the sound channel? I just tried listening to some music on YouTube and there was no sound until I right clicked on the icon and selected quit. This may have been there before and I never noticed it.
    I just downloaded Linux Mint Helena and it doesn't suffer from this problem.

Comment

Though it happens to me, and I'd like to continue to use Kubuntu. Anyone with ideas? I did install Ubuntu first and then the kubuntu-desktop (as that was all I had and no blank CD's).

Comment

I figured out the sound troubles. Long story short, conflict between pulseaudio & phonon (I think). This link has additional info and what worked for me:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...8338#msg228338

Comment

Working...
        X