Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to disable warning sounds(closing windows with tabs)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to disable warning sounds(closing windows with tabs)

when i close windows with multiple tabs a warning message comes along with a sound. i need to disable these sounds. can anyone help? i tried in system settings -notification area and all those stuffs relating to sounds.

Re: how to disable warning sounds(closing windows with tabs)

In system-settings --> notifications --> player settings untick the box that says "Use the KDE sound system" - that should shut off all system sounds.

Hope this helps -
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

heii buddy thanx for the tip. but i need to disable only this particular sound. is it possible?

Comment

You might want to look under System Settings -> Notifications -> Event Source: Akregator(Change to "The KDE Window Manager") and play around with those sounds. You might find a solution. If its not in The KDE Window Manager, i wouldn't know where to find it but my best advice is to play around with the sounds...

Comment

OK so is there NO way to disable just the system sounds on Kubuntu I've tried everything I could find and the only thing I see is to turn off the sound system completely, which I don't want to do because of youtube vids and stuff that I like to watch?? I just want the system sounds off so that I don't accidently wake my wife at night when I'm up working on my websites!

Pssssst, even Windows allows me to do that!

Comment

K > System Settings > Application and System Notifications > Manage Notifications > Applications > Event source: KDE Workspace

Click on any item and in the options shown below, uncheck Play a sound. When finished, click the Apply button. Done. No sounds for the selected items.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              K > System Settings > Application and System Notifications > Manage Notifications > Applications > Event source: KDE Workspace

Click on any item and in the options shown below, uncheck Play a sound. When finished, click the Apply button. Done. No sounds for the selected items.
              Got it. And thanks!

Ken

Comment

Working...
              X