This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Crash

Ok, im completely new to Kubuntu, or Linux in general.
    i just installed Kubuntu 9.10, everything was running just fine for about 7 hours, when i updated all those 163 files that Kubuntu said where needed... after that, KDE crashed, i dont know how to open it again, i've restarted the pc (even tried the recovery option... not a clue how to use that)
    those programs that where open, stay open and i can browse through them, but i cannot do anything else

please help! i even had to use my windows partition (yuck!) to write this, for a newbie like me kubuntu is unusable like this

Re: KDE Crash

Some information on your system would be useful
    - CPU
    - 32/64 Bit?
    - Video Card? (Nvidia, ATI etc)

Also you could try renaming your .kde dir, then reboot - this will lose any customisations you have set-up but will let us know if its a config corruption problem.

Code:
    sudo mv .kde .kde_back
    sudo reboot

Comment

sorry about that, my specs... i have:
      • Intel E8400, Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz
      • 4 Gb RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce 9600GSO, 550 Mhz

I installed the 64 bit version, and it said amd, but i read it was ok, even if i had intel, so i installed it.

ill boot into kubuntu and try those commands now, hope it helps...

Comment

thanks! it worked, now i only wish to understand what went wrong... but when i ran the bug report (back when the error was found) it said not enough data, and there was nothing for me to write down... any wild guesses as to what could have gone wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X