Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Windows 7 and After Effects working!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Windows 7 and After Effects working!

Well guys, first I'd like to say to those of you who have been helpful, thank you for your patience and help with me.

I'm using VirtualBox to to run all my Windows apps, works great, works a lot better for me personally than Wine.

I even have this really cool "Seamless" mode which sorta merges the two OS's together, so if I'm working on something in Windows I can still look at something on Kubuntu without having to switch screens or anything.

[img width=400 height=225]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1788/insane.png[/img]

The only problems I have with VB, is similar to what I have with Kubuntu. In VB, no sound, no USB, I've tried everything. For sound I tried all the sound settings, OSS, Alsa, Pulse, none of them work, the really strange thing is under my controller for the Audio all I have to choose from is "ICH AC97" or "16 bit SoundBlaster", I don't know how to fix this at all, did a search for tutorials, tried to follow them, but I don't have all the same options under the controllers. For the USB, I used this tutorial "http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...-123021.shtml", I adapted this to Kubuntu, but it still doesn't work, I've tried all this on the older version and the new version that just came out.

I must say though, anyone wanting to use Windows only programs should really check out VirtualBox, it's worked great for me, here's another screen shot, this is of After Effects CS4 64 bit up and running on Kubuntu via VB:

[img width=400 height=225]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5091/aeinkubuntuejr.png[/img]
    Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Re: Got Windows 7 and After Effects working!

Where do you find this seamless mode?

Comment

Originally posted by abalone
      Where do you find this seamless mode?
      Press <Right Ctrl>+L

Comment

Thanks. I can't try it right now because I lost all virtual harddisks in a non-virtual harddisk crash.

Comment

I got the USB to work, but still can't get the sound in VB to work, any ideas?
          Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Comment

Any ideas? Anyone able to point me in the right direction here?

Comment

For USB and sound:

First install guest addons? (I think that's what it's called. Next add your user name to virtual box group. (vbox?). Then reboot. Sorry I can't be more specific on the names but I think I'm finding some issues with the KDE update. You'll need to set up some USB ports from the VIrtual box main screen.

Comment

USB is working just fine, but the sound is my biggest problem, no matter what settings I use my sound just wont work in VirtualBox.

Comment

Working...
                X