This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to search with strigi/nepomuk?

Subject says it all - I have a working strigi and nepomuk install with virtuoso that apparently has indexed every file in my home directory, so how do I actually *SEARCH* this technological marvel? I can't find a frigging client for it anywhere, supposedly there's a kioslave "strigi:/" but its not availble on kubuntu.

Asked on the mailing list but apparently no one has a clue. So far the only effect of enabling Strigi has been to massively slow down mail send in Kmail - apparently it uses strigi to check the recipient addresses.

Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE 4.4 RC2

Re: How to search with strigi/nepomuk?

(Here: Lucid Lynx alpha2)

KRunner: Alt+F2 and keyword(s).

Dolphin/Konqueror: Ctrl+l and then command "nepomuksearch:/"+keyword(s).

...supposedly there's a kioslave "strigi:/" but its not availble on kubuntu.
    I think that the Nepomuk is using the Strigi so you are quering from the nepomuk database. There are few tools: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/nepomuk-kde. Some of those are working
    [img width=400 height=229]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6825/simpled.png[/img]
    but there are still lot of work to do before they are useful. KDE playground - applications that are early in their lifecycle. Maybe with the KDE SC KDE 4.5 as default - or backported to the KDE SC 4.4.X.

Earlier:
    > Topic: Strigi - How to setup & use
    > Topic: Nepomuk&Strigi, enable and use
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: How to search with strigi/nepomuk?

Thanks rog, they do appear to do something but nothing is ever found.

Comment

Working...
      X