This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony VAIO VGN-FS980 graphics drivers

Hey, I'm kinda new to Kubuntu, and I've been screwing around with Wine to get some programs working. I've heard that to get rid of the error I've been getting, I need to install a graphics driver. I don't have a dedicated graphics card, just the built in one. Could anyone point me to the right place to download a driver, and possibly give me some instructions on how to install it? Thanks!

Re: Sony VAIO VGN-FS980 graphics drivers

What 'error'? What 'built in' graphics card? Download 'a driver' - see first question. Instructions without details are impossible.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Sony VAIO VGN-FS980 graphics drivers

Sure, sorry I was so general. I've been trying to set up Dungeons and Dragons Online on Kubuntu with Wine. It worked when I used to have windows, so I know my computer can run it. However, whenever I try to run DDO, I get the following error: Hardware texture compression support was not detected. This video card feature is required to run the game. [129]
      There was a discussion about DDO on the Ubuntu forums, so I posted there, and someone said that "Installing the proprietary driver for my graphics card fixed it." By "built in" graphics card, I mean whatever kind of graphics the laptop came with (which I believe is built into the motherboard or CPU, I forgot which). In other words, I don't have a, say, Nvidia or card from another brand..... so how do I install a driver for the built in GPU?

Comment

Working...
      X