X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printer problems

Hi,
    I just got a new HP Laser printer P1005 and it wont work in Kubuntu, i ran hp-setup thats fine it detects it and all but when it goes to download a plug in it always fails. I have also looked around forums and found this,
    That works fine until it complains i dont have the gnome cups printer thing, since im using kde. Can anyone help me?

Patrick
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: printer problems

have you tryed from the cups setup page?

http://localhost:631/

enter this in your browser and and see if you can set it up.

the page in your post is talking about older ver. of ubuntu!!

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

A quick check of hplipopensource.com confirms that the proprietary plug-in is required, but gives no other info. What error do you get when downloading and installing the plug-in?

The hplip package is mostly a front-end for cups, so trying to set that printer up directly in cups won't get you any further. We need to figure out what error you are getting. Also, you may want to record a bug in hplip's launchpad site.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Did a little more digging and found this:

http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/forum/read.php?42,1994

You may have found it, too. One of the really big deals is the difference between the Laserjet 1005 and the Laserjet P1005. Two completely different drivers; foo2zjs and foo2xqx. Should be a way to specify the kde cups manager vice gnome cups manager.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
        X