This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroll wheel back button

I have a Logitech wireless notebook mouse. With my old mouse, just an older version of the same mouse, if I pushed the scroll wheel to the left, it would go back in the browser, and forward for right. Now, all it does is scroll left or right. How can I configure it to go back and forward again?
    Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue...

Re: Scroll wheel back button

I know how to set what you want in web browsers Opera and Emacs-w3m. It is configurable inside those applications.

Side mouse buttons work for me in Firefox and Arora and I don't know why and they don't work in Konqueror. Now my scroll wheel side moves do back and forward in no browser. My side mouse buttons are mouse-8 and mouse-9. My scroll wheel side moves are mouse-6 and mouse-7.

Maybe there is now fix mouse mapping to mouse-8 and mouse-9 in Firefox and Arora and you need to have the luck to have an appropriate mouse or switch to Opera.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Re: Scroll wheel back button

Hi,

I use the program xte (part of the xautomation package) in conjunction with xbindkeys to make my mouse side buttons (8 & 9) mimic the alt left and alt right keys. This way it works for Dolphin, Konqueror, System Settings etc., as well as any browser that uses these keys for back and forward.

My ~/.xbindkeysrc contains the following lines:

Code:
      "xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Left' 'keyup Alt_L' &"
      b:8

"xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Right' 'keyup Alt_L' &"
      b:9
      You can use the program xev (part of the x11-utils package) to determine which button number to use for your scroll-wheel tilts.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X