Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kde 4.4: What happened to the login screen background?l (just a little gripe)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde 4.4: What happened to the login screen background?l (just a little gripe)

Yes, I know this is beta, but what the hell?

The kubuntu login screen used to have the same wallpaper as the default kubuntu/kde desktop -- you know, that blue bubble/sphere thing. After updating to the latest release of kde 4.4 it looks like the background changed to a bunch of little post-it notes stuck all over the screen.

Why? Why did someone think that was better? Ugh.

Re: kde 4.4: What happened to the login screen background?l (just a little gripe)

K --> Settings --> System Settings --> Advanced --> Login In --> Theme

Don't like it? Change it. Don't see a theme you like? Download one you do.

Change? Priceless.

Rant? Worthless.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: kde 4.4: What happened to the login screen background?l (just a little gripe)

that is the default log-in theme for kde 4.4 btw...
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

GreyGeek there is a difference between a "gripe" and a "rant." This is a "gripe."

I know how to change a theme. I want to know why they decided to change the default login screen. It breaks continuity with the rest of their default desktop theme. The first time I saw it I thought the update process had broken something... I also think it's hideous.

If you would like me to rant about it, I'd be happy to oblige. I'm told I'm very entertaining when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ubersoft
          I know how to change a theme. I want to know why they decided to change the default login screen. It breaks continuity with the rest of their default desktop theme.
          Once 4.4 is finished, you'll see more of it, they make a new "theme" for every major release (desktop wallpaper and such just haven't been changed yet).

I don't like the new theme much either, background images should be more subtle IMO, but that is just the default theme, and I can use another one if I don't like it (I kinda liked the Bluecurl theme from 4.1? 4.2?, but I always end up on one of my own).

Comment

GreyGeek there is a difference between a "gripe" and a "rant." This is a "gripe."

I know how to change a theme. I want to know why they decided to change the default login screen. It breaks continuity with the rest of their default desktop theme. The first time I saw it I thought the update process had broken something... I also think it's hideous.

If you would like me to rant about it, I'd be happy to oblige. I'm told I'm very entertaining when I do.
            I agree, if your referring to that god awfull "blue weave". Makes me dizzy.
            kubicle is right , they do change it from time to time.
            Boot Info Script

Comment

bleah. Well, now I know.

Comment

It's "six" vs "half a dozen", to me, especially if the grip/rant involves complaining about something that is so easily changed.

I'm glad you know how. The answer to your question, however, is best found in another forum, the one the developers frequent... the dev email list, their bugzilla, etc... Few developers make a habit of regularly visiting this forum, except for Rog131.

Glad to hear it! Nothing better than a well written rant, but there's nothing worse than a poorly written rant, especially if the ranter is uninformed as well.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X