This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtkpod can't copy files to ipod

I'm using gtkpod 0.99.14 with a 2nd gen ipod nano. 3 or 4 days ago, I plugged in the ipod, added 2 songs to the ipod's playlist, and everything worked just fine - the songs were added and played normally.

Today, I downloaded 4 new songs, added them to the playlist, and when gtkpod tries to sync the ipod I get the following error:

Code:
    Transfer of songtitle failed. Cannot copy /media/WILL'S IPOD/iPod_Control/Music/F00/lipgpod736593.mp3 (No such file or directory).
    I don't understand why it worked fine the other day, and now I can't add anything. Help!

Re: gtkpod can't copy files to ipod

If I can't figure this problem out in the next couple of hours, I'm going to have to wipe linux and install Windows XP again so my wife can change the songs on her ipod. I REALLY don't want to have to do that!

Comment

I had the same problem, in the end i installed xp in a virtual machine, enabled usb, installed itunes, works perfectly.

Comment

well, good news is I didn't have to reinstall windows after all. I gave up on gtkpod and tried running itunes 7.2 through wine, but itunes wouldn't recognize my ipod at all. Then I installed Banshee, and that seems to work just fine.

I'm still curious as to what happened to gtkpod though, if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X