X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE SC 4.4 Beta 1 is here!

Originally posted by robfish
    Originally posted by PhilT
    I got carried away and installed it! However, it caused endless plasma crashes and problems with Kontact and Korganizer. So, sadly I decided to revert back to 9.10 with KDE 4.3 and wait a bit more patiently.
    I cannot even start KDE now.
    I get a message.....
    Xsession: Warning: Unable to write to /tmp; X session may exit with an error.

Can you please explain how to revert back to 9.10 with KDE 4.3?

If you have Synaptic, it should be easy to uninstall the KDE 4.4 stuff. After that, remove the source you added to get KDE 4.4 and then start installing the 4.3 stuff again. I suggest Synaptic, because it gives you a better view of what's installed and what else is available.

Comment

Found my problem and it had nothing to do with the upgrade.
      I had rsync backups as cron jobs backing up to a separate drive (/mnt/bak)
      but it was also going to the same disk as /media/disk - meaning that the primary partition was full.

Now to find the best way to fix it.

Comment

has anyone else found that Nepomuk quit running. More importantly found a solution?

Comment

Yes I get the message that it is not running but I do not know the solution.

Comment

Does anyone know how you change the desktop theme now? It doesn't seem to be an option in Desktop Settings any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by tomp01

Does anyone know how you change the desktop theme now? It doesn't seem to be an option in Desktop Settings any longer.
              OK, I've found it. It has been moved to Systems Settings>Appearance>Workspace

Comment

Originally posted by shaunehunter
                has anyone else found that Nepomuk quit running. More importantly found a solution?
                Check out this post, especially Reply #9 by Rog131. The DIY steps work...
                http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107077.0
                One of the required files is in a hidden directory...information in my reply #14

Virtuoso is considerably faster than sesame. Now working on getting Nepomuk search working properly.

Comment

Not only did you answer your own question but one I was looking for but got sidetracked on composing. Thanks for finding this.
                  Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by verndog

Not only did you answer your own question but one I was looking for but got sidetracked on composing. Thanks for finding this.
                    Yes, it really annoying when they just move stuff without any warning

Comment

I still can't find it there.

Comment

Originally posted by abalone

I still can't find it there.
                        Under style. And bottom right you can get more themes.
                        Boot Info Script

Comment

...I have no idea why I didn't find it there! (Thanks)

Comment

When I run akonaditray, it'll show me two calendars (Personal Calendar and Standard-Kalender) and two address books (resource and std.vcf). Both if the calendars and both of the address books seem to use the same ics resp. vcf file. Can anyone explain to me what's up with that?

I let akonaditray make a backup and removed one calendar and one address book, apparently without adverse effects so far.

Also wondering why the "local folders" maildir resource isn't using KMail's mail store directory but .local/share/local-mail (I think it is). There's no mail there but I'm wary of messing with my humongous email stash.

Comment

Working...
                            X