This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konsole shuts down immediately

I had konsole working properly (or so it seemed), but something happened -- I know not what. Now when I call konsole it flashes on the screen and shuts down immediately. There's nothing helpful in .xsession-errors or /var/log/syslog. What might be going on, and how can I fix it?

Re: konsole shuts down immediately

Reinstall konsole?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall konsole
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Reinstall doesn't help

Reinstall doesn't help. I think the problem is in some settings file that konsole looks at. But what might that be? I'm having some trouble locating docs on konsole.

Comment

Re: konsole shuts down immediately

See if you get any error messages when running konsole from a virtual console:
        1. switch to virtual terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 (you can get back with Ctrl+Alt+F7)
        2. Log in in the terminal (username+password)
        3. Start konsole with
        Code:
        DISPLAY=:0 konsole
        (this will attempt to start konsole on your primary X display [Ctrl+Alt+F7])
        4. Write down any error messages printed in the virtual terminal that might be related to your problem.
        5. Post the error(s) here

You can clean up konsole configuration by removing/renaming:
        ~/.kde/share/config/konsolerc
        (and ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole directory)

Comment

Problem found: profile was corrupted

The problem, it seems, was that the file .kde/share/apps/konsole/Shell.profile was corrupted. I cleaned it up and now I have my shell back.

Comment

Tried to create Konsole profile borked it.

Hi
            Thanks to this thread, I have Konsole back, but still have a question.

It used to be that one made a new tab put a command in it, like gksudo konqueror, and "saved session"..

Not in Natty.

Any comments or instructions as to how to make profile that doesn't blow up Konsole?

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X