This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

growisofs >= 5.20 is needed to write double layer dvd+r

I just tried to copy a DVD and got this error from K3B. According to synaptic, I have dvd+rw-tools 7.1-4 installed. Anyone else having trouble copying DVD's? It worked fine in Kubuntu 9.04.
    Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Kubuntu 16.04
    "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Re: growisofs >= 5.20 is needed to write double layer dvd+r

Yes, same problem on one 9.10 system but not on another.

Restricted extras and Mediabuntu seem to install without problems. Creating just an image with K3b works OK too.

I swapped my IDE DVD drives between the working and non-working systems, but problem remained with system did not follow DVD drives. I rebuilt problem system from scratch again, but same symptoms exist.

I'm activly working on identifying the cause and will post if I find a solution.

Search the formus for DVD problems, you may see others with similar issues.

Comment

I have the exact same problems on 2 different computers. (Laptop and desktop)

It may just be a problem with codecs/libraries.

Can someone refresh my memory of what I need to install to make DVD's play?

Kubuntu 16.04
      "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

In K3B, did you try running Settings --> Setup System Permissions?

Comment

Yes but did not help.
          Kubuntu 16.04

Comment

Working...
          X