Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Partially Solved] Amarok 2 - Sort by Album?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Partially Solved] Amarok 2 - Sort by Album?

Hello guys,

The last time I used Kubuntu, Amarok 2 was still unable to read from ipod.
    Since am still using 8.04 & using the old Amarok I'm not so familiar with the new one.

Got fresh install of 9.10 on my netbook & connected an ipod or a USB flash with some music.

In the default configuration you got 2 panels, a panel to the left & a panel to the right in which the one on the left displays your "Local Music" & the one on the right displaying the "playlist".

Also in the default configuration, the left panel would display "Artist" as top level followed by "Album".

When trying to select "Album" as "First Level" & "Artist" as "Second Level", the system automatically adds the "Year" in the beginning.
    Even if you remove the year, only tracks with no Album name would appear. It seems as if you cannot swap the sorting method.

Anyone faced the same problem or at least managed to sort by album?

Re: Amarok 2 - Sort by Album?

On that little pull down menu where you selected sorting by Album there is a check mark which says "Show Years". If you uncheck that it will sort by Album name regardless of the year.

Comment

Re: Amarok 2 - Sort by Album?

Thanks Nate

I clearly mentioned though that even when removing the years I don't get the albums, nevertheless thanks again for confirming it is working. Made me look deep into it since you said so.

What happens is that it does actually work but not in all situations.

If the media is on the hard drive it works, however if it's on the ipod or external USB device it doesn't!

I think it might be a bug in Amarok.

Thanks.

Comment

I had the same problem. When I turned the program off completely and started it back up again everything was working as it should.
        Or you could take out all the dates....problem solved!

Comment

Working...
        X