This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screensavers Missing

On a fresh install of Karmic, I installed a bunch of the screensaver packages and some which are listed show nothing. Actually, this problem is not new for me, but now it's one of blank screensavers is the one I want to use. I've removed/installed the packages, without any luck. Any help on this?
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Screensavers Missing

I've tried purging everything and reinstalling it all via apt-get and aptitude to see if I was missing anything. All of the functioning and non-functioning screensavers are in /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers, so I'm not sure why some work and some don't.

When I open up the xscreensaver gui, it tells me that the xscreensaver server isn't running, so I then enable it, but nothing changes. Also, when I reboot, the server is down. So right now I'm at a loss.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

I installed via synaptic xecreensaver and kscreensaver-kde and all the recommended packages and dependencies and it worked fine. just could not get ti to work after installing with kpackagekit.

Comment

I don't really use synaptic, and installed all from the command line via apt and aptitude.

Comment

Working...
        X