This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lm sensors

After uppgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 The sensors is not found.
    I have run the "sensors-detect" and the result is added to "/etc/modules" but then trying "sensors" in konsole "no sensors found" is the answer.
    Grateful for help
    jonblund

Re: lm sensors

Did you have to install your earlier version of lm-sensors from source? I had to because the version in the repos doesn't support newer Intel sensors and the one in the repos now still doesn't.
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Iv'e just run upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 and everything seems to work, with some instabilities, except the temp widget i had on the desktop.
      Have there been any changes to lm-sensors from 9.04 to 9.10?
      I plan to do a clean install of 9.10. From what you say installing lm-sensors from repos wont work? Is there any development going on to solve this problem?

Comment

Depends on the sensors you require.

Current version of lm-sensors is 3.x and the version in the repos is still 1.x - when I built a new Core i7 machine I had to go to the current version to get some sensors to work at all. Still don't have anything besides core temperature (but there's eight of them). Fan speed and voltage can be done but I haven't seen anybody do the work yet.
        -- anais nin

Comment

Thanks for this info, now i now where i stand and can go from there. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000

Current version of lm-sensors is 3.x and the version in the repos is still 1.x
            @wizard, great tip! Thanks!

The newer lm-sensors package is in the Debian unstable repo, along with the information on needed dependencies.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000

Current version of lm-sensors is 3.x and the version in the repos is still 1.x
              Err...the lm-sensors version in karmic repos is 3.0.2 (1:3.0.2-2ubuntu4)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                Err...the lm-sensors version in karmic repos is 3.0.2 (1:3.0.2-2ubuntu4)
                My bad, then. Version when I checked (back around A5) was still 1.x

Thanks for the heads-up. At least I don't have to compile from source any more
                -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                X