X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Audio Cd recognized but not played

Originally posted by Tick
    Originally posted by kubicle
    "Play with amarok" doesn't start amarok for me either (I have to look into that), but if I start amarok manually I can play the CD just fine. "Play with Kaffeine" starts kaffeine and plays the CD.
    Just installed Kaffeine. Does not appear in automatic options, but still when i open it manually, it can not play the CD and tells me:

Cannot find input plugin for MRL [cdda:/]
    You may need to relog into kde to get kaffeine as an automatic option in solid.
    You should also check that 'kdemultimedia-kio-plugins' is installed (EDIT: ah,it probably is, since amarok depends on it, doesn't hurt to reinstall it to be sure, though).

Looks like a known bug (although weird that it doesn't affect me):
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ne/+bug/441056

Comment

You may need to relog into kde to get kaffeine as an automatic option in solid.
      You should also check that 'kdemultimedia-kio-plugins' is installed (EDIT: ah,it probably is, since amarok depends on it, doesn't hurt to reinstall it to be sure, though).

Looks like a known bug (although weird that it doesn't affect me):
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ne/+bug/441056
      You are right. Once restarted the system Kaffeine shows up in the options for the CD, but also the bug still shows up and refuse to play the CD. Anyway, differently from Amarok, Kaffeine at least starts directly from the plugged-in device option menu.

Comment

You are right. Once restarted the system Kaffeine shows up in the options for the CD, but also the bug still shows up and refuse to play the CD. Anyway, differently from Amarok, Kaffeine at least starts directly from the plugged-in device option menu.
        Tried to play CD with another machine, which also played it without issues, so it's likely a configuration issue.

Here's a few additional things you can try:
        1. Check the cd device setting in SystemSettings>Advanced>AudioCDs
        2. I assume you're using xine as your multimedia backend (SystemSettings>Multimedia>Backend)?
        - try reinstalling 'libxine1-misc-plugins' and rename or delete ~/.xine/catalog.cache and relog into kde.

Comment

Tried to play CD with another machine, which also played it without issues, so it's likely a configuration issue.

Here's a few additional things you can try:
          1. Check the cd device setting in SystemSettings>Advanced>AudioCDs
          2. I assume you're using xine as your multimedia backend (SystemSettings>Multimedia>Backend)?
          - try reinstalling 'libxine1-misc-plugins' and rename or delete ~/.xine/catalog.cache and relog into kde.
          Once more, thanx kubicle for your help.
          1. In audioCD IO config is specified "/dev/cdrom/". Checked or not does not change anything
          2. Done; reinstalled and cache deleted

NO improvement

Question: is there a way to include VLC in the preselected option for connected devices, in place of Amarok?
          Cheers

Comment

I'm using karmic. I have two optical drives, one a SATA and the other an IDE. Amarok won't play a CD inserted into the SATA drive, but it will if inserted into the IDE drive.
            ~George
            Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
            Linux user #347469

Comment

1. In audioCD IO config is specified "/dev/cdrom/". Checked or not does not change anything

NO improvement
              Dang, I'll let you know if I come up with new things to try (rather hard when I can't replicate the issue)

Question: is there a way to include VLC in the preselected option for connected devices, in place of Amarok?
              If you can play a cd with (run in konsole):
              Code:
              vlc cdda://
              (report back the errors in konsole if you get any, those might help in figuring out your issues)
              You can create a file:
              /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/vlc_play_audiocd.desktop with contents like:
              [Desktop Entry]
              Type=Service
              Actions=PlayAudioCd;
              X-KDE-Solid-Predicate=OpticalDisc.availableContent & 'Audio'

[Desktop Action PlayAudioCd]
              Name=Play Audio CD with Vlc
              Exec=vlc cdda://
              Icon=vlc
              to create an autoplay-item for vlc.

Comment

Here is what i got after typing teh command inthe console:

VLC media player 1.0.2 Goldeneye
                [0x7f5df0001438] main interface error: no interface module matched "globalhotkeys,none"
                [0x7f5df0001438] main interface error: no suitable interface module
                [0x123e888] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
                [0x161c7c8] main stream error: cannot pre fill buffer
                [0x15f2848] pulse audio output: No. of Audio Channels: 2
                [0x15f2848] pulse audio output error: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused
                [0x15f2848] pulse audio output error: Pulse initialization failed

...But the progra, starts and ply the CD

Comment

NO improvement
                  Dang, I'll let you know if I come up with new things to try (rather hard when I can't replicate the issue)

If you can play a cd with (run in konsole):
                  Code:
                  vlc cdda://
                  (report back the errors in konsole if you get any, those might help in figuring out your issues)
                  You can create a file:
                  /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/vlc_play_audiocd.desktop with contents like:
                  [Desktop Entry]
                  Type=Service
                  Actions=PlayAudioCd;
                  X-KDE-Solid-Predicate=OpticalDisc.availableContent & 'Audio'

[Desktop Action PlayAudioCd]
                  Name=Play Audio CD with Vlc
                  Exec=vlc cdda://
                  Icon=vlc
                  to create an autoplay-item for vlc.
                  Great Kubicle! It works! VLC is now a Solid option and i can insert a CD an havei t playing easily. That is essentially wher ei wanted to get, having whatever program plying my CDs directly.
                  Anyway i think would be nice for everybody to fix the problem with Amarock, since it seems that i'm not the only one
                  facing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X