X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quanta Plus

Hello,

Upgraded my system yesterday night, came to work today and find that Quanta has vanished. Looking in KPackageKit there it is but will not download. See an old post in this forum indicating that some difficulty with Quanta - is this still valid. It is my favourite and one and only tool for my web administration/development work.

If I had known Quanta was not going to be there I would never have upgraded to Karmic.

cheers

Roy

Re: Quanta Plus

Hello all,

I'm having the same issue as Roy. Quanta will not install. KPackageKit says it cannot satisfy a dep but no clue is given as to what the stumbling block is. I also could really use Quanta.

Roy's seems to be an upgrade; mine is a fresh install of Karmic. Problem is the same. I'll keep looking for an answer but tbh, I'm not an expert user.
    It takes two hands to make one handshake - Dan Kelly

Comment

Here's a recent post from a Quanta developer: http://nikosams.blogspot.com/2009/11...-and-kde4.html.

The bottom line is that Quanta4 is not due out for awhile. Until then you may want to give kdevelop4 a try instead since they share many of the same underlying technologies.

Comment

Thanks Nate.

I'll spare my comments about the state of web development in KDE then and see if I can figure out a way to make the make shift approaches the article and half those comments are talking about work for me and hope it doesn't take longer to figure out than it'll take to do the work it's wanted for.

Since I'd spent more time on this anyway, here is the mess that happened when I tried installing Quanta via the terminal:

The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
        kimagemapeditor kxsldbg
        Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
        The following extra packages will be installed:
        cervisia cvs cvsservice docbook-defguide gettext kfilereplace-kde3
        klinkstatus-kde3 kommander-kde3 kompare tidy
        Suggested packages:
        docbook docbook-xml gettext-doc khelpcenter kommander-dev gubed
        kimagemapeditor-kde3 php-doc tidy-doc
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
        kdewebdev kfilereplace klinkstatus kommander
        The following NEW packages will be installed:
        cervisia cvs cvsservice docbook-defguide gettext kfilereplace-kde3
        klinkstatus-kde3 kommander-kde3 kompare quanta tidy
        After installing the quanta not initially identified as KDE 3 and launching Quanta, one is presented a dialog box with:

Some applications required for full functionality are missing:

- KXSLDbg [http://xsldbg.sourceforge.net/] - XSLT debugging will not be available;
        - KImageMapEditor [http://www.nongnu.org/kimagemap/] - editing HTML image maps will not be available;
        - Cervisia [http://www.kde.org/apps/cervisia] - CVS management plugin will not be available.

You may download the applications from the specified locations.

Comment

Even trying KDevelop... In the post linked to by Nate, a person says:

Example: Launch KDevelop, go to Settings > Load View Profile > Web Development, and it loads plugins and menus for web development (like Konqueror Views).
          There is no Load View Profile in KDevelop here on Karmic. Why? How do I get it?

Comment

had the same. missing quanta. could install it with synaptic.

Comment

I upgraded but didn't lose quanta (thankfully).

I did have this problem back in August though, upgrading a KDE version (can't remember which one exactly), and was given a workaround for it:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3105600.0
              (you're looking for the posts from cpradio and aged hippy a few posts down)

That's just in case it won't install easily from the repos for you.

Comment

I think you can try aptitude. Aptitude handles dependencies and problems better than apt-get. I don't speak about KPackagekit and I really don't advise to use that program.

sudo aptitude install quanta

Later do the rest with

sudo aptitude install kimagemapeditor-kde3

sudo aptitude install kxsldbg (KDE4)
                sudo aptitude install cervisia (KDE4)
                But these programs cannot be called from Quanta, because these are KDE4 versions.

remember Linux is case sensitive so a "a" is another letter than "A"
                Free as meant in alcohol free.<br />Teetotalism rulez. - XXX

Comment

Working...
                X