This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Notifier?

For those running Karmic, is your update notifier working? I can see it's running, but I never get update notifications in the system tray. It worked fine in Jaunty.

Re: Update Notifier?

the 1 time sence upgrading to KK that I'v seen a notes of one was in the notifacation widget ...just a littleone in it and clicking it I get a box saing kpackagekit had updates........

have never seen the green gear that I had in JJ.

but I'v ben doing

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    every day so.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yeah, I've been doing updates manually once or twice a day which is what made me realize I wasn't getting new update notification. When you say "...was in the notification widget ...". Do you mean the "Notification and Jobs" Widget (i.e. the little "i" in the system tray), or the new "Indicator Display" widget that looks like an envelope?

I hope you don't mean the latter. I don't want another widget taking up space in my panel just for the occasional updates.

Comment

Originally posted by tnorris
        When you say "...was in the notification widget ...". Do you mean the "Notification and Jobs" Widget (i.e. the little "i" in the system tray),
        yup thats the one

like I sead I just hapend to notes the little tiney 1 in it's face then clicking it I got a info box telling of updates.

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
          the 1 time sence upgrading to KK that I'v seen a notes of one was in the notifacation widget ...just a littleone in it and clicking it I get a box saing kpackagekit had updates........

have never seen the green gear that I had in JJ.

but I'v ben doing

Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          every day so.

VINNY
          HA thar it is agin today..... .... with 6 updates ......wee it works agin.

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea what's wrong. I see the updates available as well but I'm still not getting notifications in the system tray/notifier/etc.

Comment

I also have been having no notifications, worked perfectly a few days ago, some updates have broken it for me, say 3-4 days ago? I think.

Comment

Well, suddenly this morning when I opened my laptop up I had a notification (via the Notification and Jobs icon) for updates. I guess one of the recent updates fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X