This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice/KDE4 integration problem

Noticed a problem with the attempt to stamp the oxygen theme on Openoffice 3.1. All of OOo's dialog boxes tend to be of a fixed size, so when you introduce UI elements that exceed the standard sizes, it creates clipping issues. For example, the Oxygen checkbox is MUCH larger than the standard OOo checkbox, and it pushes text that appears on the same "row" of the dialog box to be pushed down to the point where it disappears.

Anyone else noticed this? Anyone found a way to fix it?

Re: OpenOffice/KDE4 integration problem

Yes, I do have the same issue. I switched to a different theme but I understand this is not what
    you're looking for.

I noticed an odd thing when I still had Oxygen theme on. The first time around I open an OpenOffice
    dialog, the UI was not right as you describe (checkboxes partially gone or obstructed by other UI
    elements). But if I visit the same dialog for the second time (without exiting OpenOffice) the UI
    is OK: there is enough room for all UI elements. After quiting OpenOffice the problem comes back,
    though. In order to see this behavior you have to actually change something in the UI. If, for example,
    a checkbox is off then switch it to on (you can switch it back to off if it is your preferred setting).
    If you don't interact the UI it will not "fix itself" next time you come back to it.

I'm hoping somebody can make sense out of it and fixes it for good.

Comment

Working...
    X