This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen turns off approx 15 minutes

I have gone into system settings/power management and edited each and all profiles to not do anything after x(15) minutes. I have also unchecked "enable display power management" on each of the profile settings.

I have also unchecked "enable display power management" under systemsettings/display.

But my screen still turns off after about 15 minutes. Where am I missing this?

Re: screen turns off approx 15 minutes

I always seem to have this problem too. It could actually be a monitor "power save" feature of some sort.

So, instead of turning everything off, I usually enable everything and set them for 120 minutes or so.

There are three main areas that seem to control this, and I change them all:

1) screen saver - under Desktop in the System Settings - set for 120 minutes. I think once Karmic gets stable the screen saver might be able to be disabled.

2) Display power control - this is under Display in the system settings. I enable power management and then turn "standby after" and "suspend after" to 0 minutes - which turns to disabled. I keep "power off" at 120 minutes

3) power management profiles - under Advanced -> Power Management - Under the Screen option, I set everything to "Enable Display Power Management" and then set the times for 120 minutes.

This seems to make it wait long enough for me to usually watch movies and such.

Before I did this, I usually turned off the power management settings, but then the screen would go to power save at 20 minutes. This may be a monitor thing - so maybe the computer is able to keep the monitor from going off on its own.

Comment

Re: screen turns off approx 15 minutes

ok, i've reset all the settings to an actual setting, will try it and get back to you

Comment

Working...
      X