Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAUTION: Kernel 2.6.31-7 -- don't remove your prior kernel, you might need it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAUTION: Kernel 2.6.31-7 -- don't remove your prior kernel, you might need it!

Upgrades to the 2.6.31-8 kernel, which works perfectly.

I am beginning to notice a potential problem, however. I have Kubuntu Jaunty installed on 150GB of sda1 and Kubuntu Karmic alpha4 installed 40GB of sda5. The system boots off of grub2 (grub.cfg) on sda5. Sda1 contain grub (menu.lst).

On Kubuntu Jaunty I have 10 different kernels installed since I installed the Jaunty alpha4 and upgraded every since. Grub2 on sda5 started out showing only two Karmic kernels (reg boot and recover boot) and 9 of the 10 sda1 Jaunty kernels. Over the last couple weeks I now have 4 Karmic kernels listed and now only 4 Jaunty kernels listed. Even worse. The last kernel installed on Jaunty was 2.6.30-02....., and when I boot on the sda1 Jaunty side the only kernel I can bring up is 2.6.28-10. All the Jaunty kernels on the sda5 grub2 boot menu have the same name. Can't tell them apart. I'm going to have to do some manual editing of the grub2 cfg file via the update-grup tool.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X