X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 2.1.1 vs 1.4.10

hello

I'm using currently using Jaunty where i have pinned Amarok to its 1.4.10 version for its superb functionality and ease of use.
    I'm currently downloading Karmic A3 as it has Amarok 2.1.1, and I would like to give it a chance( both Karmic and new Amarok ).
    Has anyone experience how well it imports data from 1.4.10?
    I'm interested from statistics: "play count" , "first played" and "last played"
    Score or stars are not that important

I will test 9.10 with virtualbox but i would appreciate any info.

Re: Amarok 2.1.1 vs 1.4.10

I don't think the meta data is compatible. I never rated any of my music before so I'm not sure about that, but album covers didn't move over when I upgraded. I also have been using version 2 since it was in beta so I could be wrong. If Amarok keeps the ratings meta data in the mp3 (or ogg/ flac) files then they should carry over, if it does the same thing as the album covers and keeps them in a separate folder rather than embeding them in the files, then you will not carry that over. Maybe you can copy the related files/folders? But I'm not sure if they will be compatible.

Comment

Well, it depends exactly what meta-data your after, a good number of music files come with metadata, whilst others come in such a way as to make it easy to add metadata from the internet.

If you've added metadata yourself..well, I dont know, I'm pretty sure that data isnt put in the music file, but I could be wrong.

-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by bender3000
        hello

I'm using currently using Jaunty where i have pinned Amarok to its 1.4.10 version for its superb functionality and ease of use.
        I'm currently downloading Karmic A3 as it has Amarok 2.1.1, and I would like to give it a chance( both Karmic and new Amarok ).
        Has anyone experience how well it imports data from 1.4.10?
        I'm interested from statistics: "play count" , "first played" and "last played"
        Score or stars are not that important

I will test 9.10 with virtualbox but i would appreciate any info.
        Apparently CD support will be in the 2.2 release, not before time. I will stick to Amarok 1.4.10 until then.

Comment

Working...
        X