This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't control one computer via KRDC

My mom's computer is still running 9.10 (as I've been too lazy to upgrade it and she's perfectly content anyway). When I connect to it using KRDC, and with hers running KRFB, I cannot actually control anything. I definitely do NOT have 'view only' enabled. All settings at both ends are exactly the same as all the other computers on my network, but this is the only one with this problem.

Any ideas what I need to do to be able to control her computer? FWIW, I'm using 11.04, and all computers are HP/Compaq.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Re: Can't control one computer via KRDC

teamviewer may be an alternative.
    krfb is not very well maintained, tho krdc the viewer seems ok.
    You could set up a vnc server om the remote machine but that is a finicky beast to do sometimes.

Comment

Re: Can't control one computer via KRDC

Originally posted by claydoh
      teamviewer may be an alternative.
      krfb is not very well maintained, tho krdc the viewer seems ok.
      You could set up a vnc server om the remote machine but that is a finicky beast to do sometimes.
      Sorry, forgot all about this thread!

What's odd is that the KRFB/KRDC combo used to work fine with this particular computer; the problem only started after I upgraded all the other computers in the house. I'm wondering...hmmmm...maybe if I upgrade Mom's computer...we'll be back in business! Yeah, but I'm lazy and she doesn't care about having the latest and greatest Kubuntu release anyway. Maybe I'll give teamviewer a whirl...
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X