This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karmic live cd network issues eee pc 701

I am totally new to KDE, but love it. Therefore I am testing Kubuntu Karmic Netbook on my Eee PC 701. The weird thing is that I can't seem to be able to connect to my wireless network. I am booting from a live cd on an external cd drive. Is there a driver issue I don't know about? I don't want to install until I can get this sussed out.

Re: Karmic live cd network issues eee pc 701

LiveCD from the same PC? If 'yes,' and you have a working network connection, you should have no problem with an installation. So, to be clear:

1) Booting the LiveCD from the eee pc 701 optical drive you have no wireless connection. True or false?
    2) Booting the LiveCD from an external optical drive connected to the same eee pc 701 you have a wireless connection. True or false?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Karmic live cd network issues eee pc 701

Originally posted by Snowhog
      LiveCD from the same PC? If 'yes,' and you have a working network connection, you should have no problem with an installation. So, to be clear:

1) Booting the LiveCD from the eee pc 701 optical drive you have no wireless connection. True or false?
      2) Booting the LiveCD from an external optical drive connected to the same eee pc 701 you have a wireless connection. True or false?
      1) False there is no optical drive on a eee pc 701.
      2) False. I have no wireless connection when booting the live cd from an external optical drive. The connections are detected, I choose the correct connection, I fill in the password and choose the correct format (wep or wpa), but never get connected to the wireless network.

Comment

Re: Karmic live cd network issues eee pc 701 (SOLVED)

The problem seems to have been with a weird loop thing that occurred during that session. Password info was changed auto-magically somehow. Replacing the password info did not solve the problem. I ended up having to reboot, but since then haven't experienced the problem again. I installed Kubuntu Karmic Netbook version onto the eee pc and everything appears to be OK.

BTW, kind of odd with the install. I had to connect an external monitor and fiddle with the resolution to view a full screen with the entire install interface. The windows otherwise work on the eee, both from the live cd and from an install on a micro SDHC card. There are a few windows that are too long, but the user only has to hold the alt key down while clicking and dragging the window, so the rest of the window is vissible..

Comment

Working...
        X