This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoloading modules [solved]

where is the new location for the file to tell the kernel to autoload modules? i got it to blacklist the open source one, but it also says that will be eliminated soon as well. any ideas on where that's going to be moving to? i need ndiswrapper to load at boot and my opensource driver to stay unloaded. to reiterate, i currently have the open source driver blocked...i'd just like to move it to the new location if there is one already.

Re: autoloading modules

never mind...found the answers i needed at Ubuntu forums.

edited to meet the needs of others

it was easy enough by issuing the command

Code:
    echo 'ndiswrapper' | sudo tee -a /etc/modules

Comment

Re: autoloading modules

[Climbing on to soapbox]

I'll say this right up front: This is not a commentary on skitchens, but the nature the self-posted 'answer.'

It does no one here, especially new members, any good when a question is posted and then answered, with the answer containing no meaningful information. This happens enough here (and in other forums) that it deserves to be commented on.

If you ask a question, and later post that you solved it, please include in that post what you did, and with sufficient detail so others, who may have a similar question/problem, can gain from your experience. This is how we help each other. It's how we all increase our knowledge and understanding of Kubuntu.

[Stepping off of soapbox]
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: autoloading modules [solved]

my issue wasn't really what to do but where to put it in ubuntu system...i am not new to linux...just to this forum. i have dealt with source based distros in the past and know my way around a bit but it seems that every distro puts some config files in new and exciting places. also the blacklist is simply moving to blacklist.conf the "nevermind" was just frustration at the fact that a search here rendered nothing when a search at the ubuntu forum gave me the answer in 5 seconds.

Comment

Working...
        X