This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the network management widget/knetworkmanager

I am trying to figure out the current state of the whole network management issue.

As far as I understood, at some stage kubuntu was trying to remove knetworkmanager and replace it with the network-manager plasma-widget (plasma-widget-network-manager). For a few months, the plasma widget appeared on our desktops. Then, suddenly, without any announcement, the plasma widget was gone again, and knetworkmanager reappeared. Unfortunately, it is not possible anymore to remove it easily.

Curiously, knetworkmanager is now part of the plasma-widget-network-manager package. Also, there is a second package: plasma-widget-networkmanagement. Which of these two packages is the one we should use? Are they identical? What's the difference?

Re: State of the network management widget/knetworkmanager

After I had written this message, I had contact to the developers on IRC: apparently, including knetworkmanager into plasma-widget-networkmanagement is a temporary workaround until the plasmoid is complete, which they expect to be the case next week. :P

Comment

Working...
    X