X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile internet problem

Hi there,

I am using Ubuntu but couldn't get an answer so I post here.
    I am using cell phone via USB connect to the internet, I used this method on previous versions no problem, but Karmic refuses to connect again once the cell phone disconnect and reconnect to USB, the network indicator on taskbar keep spinning crazy but no connection, I've to either reboot or create a new connection to connect again, I don't know if this problem exist on KDE as well.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Mobile internet problem

Originally posted by lotech
    Hi there,

I am using Ubuntu but couldn't get an answer so I post here.
    I am using cell phone via USB connect to the internet, I used this method on previous versions no problem, but Karmic refuses to connect again once the cell phone disconnect and reconnect to USB, the network indicator on taskbar keep spinning crazy but no connection, I've to either reboot or create a new connection to connect again, I don't know if this problem exist on KDE as well.
    I never used a cell phone for a connection before but when you disconnect any device from USB you must dismount it or the computer refuses it until, like you said, you reboot which returns all settings to Default. If you are just pulling the wire out or shutting off the phone, that is the problem.
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Working...
    X