This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Can't Connect To My Network!!!

I can connect to the network on gnome but not on kde 4.3 it is wpa protected any help??

Re: Can't Connect To My Network!!!

Network connection worked for me right out of the box - even with network-manager.

If you have a wired Internet connection, you might want to use the command line to connect to the Net.
    Do "sudo dhclient (eth0)". It should work with or without the 'eth0'. With it the connection comes up faster.
    Download wicd from the repositories (via Adept, Synaptic or command line apt-get).
    Install wicd (deb fiel with Debi installer).
    Connect to Internet.

Once you have the connection, you can go to your browser to adjust the wireless router connections.

Make sure "interfaces' (/etc/network/interfaces) has only this entry:
    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

and you should be able to connect.

Also, make sure you have the name servers your provider has given you in 'resolv.conf'.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Re: Can't Connect To My Network!!!

Thanks

Comment

Re: [Solved] Can't Connect To My Network!!!

I had this same problem I think. I've been using gnome's network manager app by adding "nm-applet" to Autorun, works fine for now. Seems just the KDE network manager app is affected?

-Andy
        "No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker." - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

I can confirm personman choice too.

nm-applet from network-manager-gnome works, be sure to remove the network plasma applet from the panel too
          Distributor ID: Ubuntu
          Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
          Release: 14.04
          Codename: trusty

Comment

There is a bug report on KDE's bugzilla tracker about it. I added a comment and voted it up:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=194128

-Andy
            "No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker." - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

Working...
            X