This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade to 10.04

How do I turn off Upgrade to 10.04 notification ?

Re: upgrade to 10.04

Upgrade

The way I've done it in the past (might be an GUI way, but I have really never checked):
    sudo nano /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades

At the bottom of the file it should say:
    Prompt=lts

The default is "lts", so that for every new LTS (Long-Term Support or XX.04) it will prompt you to upgrade to the new release. So when 10.10 comes out, it wouldn't prompt you to upgrade.

If you read the descriptions of the other options you have "never" (it will never bug you asking you to upgrade) or "normal" which keeps you a version behind the current (so when 10.10 comes out, it would prompt you to update to 10.04).

If you never want it to notify you about a release update again, change that last line to read:
    Prompt=never

if you want to be a step behind for security or stability reasons, change that last line to read:
    Prompt=normal

When you've made the changes you want type:
    CTRL-O
    CTRL-X

(O -> saves the file, X -> closes the file..... the descriptions are at the bottom of the screen in Nano anyway, but just in-case you're not familiar)

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Nice. Thank you. Not that I need/want to change the setting, but always nice to know where a controlling file is located and what to do with it.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Cool! I was wondering where that was. I agree with Snowhog about knowing where configuration files are.

Comment

Working...
        X