X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu doesn't see my partitions on install

Originally posted by dibl
    If your hard drive(s) is SATA, go into your BIOS and set the SATA mode to "Legacy IDE" or "IDE" if you can. Then try installing.

If it installs, you can probably go back into the BIOS afterward and set the mode back to "AHCI".
    My BIOS allows me to choose between AHCI and ATA, even if selecting ATA raises some warnings so I haven't tried keeping this setting.
    For now I can't spend more time on this installation, but I hope things will get fixed in the upcoming release.
    Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Lowpoly Studios

Comment

The *buntu installer has been gagging on SATA "AHCI" mode, on some (but not all) BIOSs, for 4 years that I know of -- I would not hold my breath that 10.04 will be different.

Do the warnings suggest that it is possible to lose data by changing to "ATA" mode? I can't believe that would be possible -- probably it is just a performance drop with Windows.

Comment

Having the same problem in Kubuntu 10.04

When you boot the cd and it's time to choose from the menu "Try Kubuntu", "Install Kubuntu"...

Press F6 & mark "nodmraid"

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004

The automatic activation of dmraid can be disabled with the "nodmraid" boot option, available by pressing F6 in the CD boot menu. This can be useful for setups which have fakeraid metadata present on the disks, but where dmraid activation would be undesired or cause problems.

Comment

I tried every possible setting in my BIOS and to mark "nodmraid" option as well, but I still have the same problem with Kubuntu 10.04

Any developer could help here?
          Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Lowpoly Studios

Comment

Most developers don't frequent KFN. You would be better off reporting your problem at https://bugs.launchpad.net/.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Found this thread while having the same problem. Kubuntu 10.04 installer wasn't detecting the hard drive at all.

In the end I installed gparted in the live environment, created my partitions, then mounted one of them, put a text file in there (not sure if that was strictly necessary) and then leaving it mounted ran the installer! It finally picked up the drive and did the install happily.

Comment

OK, but one file isn't enough... What about the installation and the subsequent booting processes? Are they working properly? Haven't you lose any data, yet?
                Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
                Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                Win / & 10 sadly
                Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Yeah its all running quite happily after the install.

Comment

Working...
                  X