Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a small KDE installation from the ubuntu Minimal Install CD, help ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a small KDE installation from the ubuntu Minimal Install CD, help ?

Hi,
    I have an ubuntu installation that was begun with the minimal installation CD and the "Gnome-core" package rather than the larger ubuntu-desktop and other packages. I want to do the same with KDE. I have always preferred KDE and its apps to Gnome except for the earlier 4.x builds of KDE.

so... on to the questions:

1. what repositories and PPA's should I have enabled to be able to keep up with the developments of the KDE DE and its apps ?
    2. is there a KDE-core package or a similar package that just installs the very basics of KDE and apps or, better yet, just a working KDE with no apps ?
    3. Any caveats ? I had a few problems to solve with the base install of Gnome-core. I had no sound and no printer support for starters....
    4. Any idea how to get a good working pulseaudio added from PPA's or repo's with a small project like this ?
    to give you an idea of the finished product that I want - I will start with the ubuntu Karmic minimal installation CD and add: KDE, K3b, Amarok, Smplayer, Firefox and mplayer plugin, CUPS, picasa, openoffice and that may be it. Very spartan, but my favorite apps without a lot of fat.
    ...... I am open to any and all tips : >

Thanks,
    B

Re: I want a small KDE installation from the ubuntu Minimal Install CD, help ?

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3106858.0

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
    X